Aaaah, the joys of NoShaveNovember. Twitter filled with misogynist garbage, guys in fedoras who think are hot because they have grown three little hairs on their chins. Right, where do I start?
I am a girl. I had always been a girl, always identified at female. 18 years-old, petite. And guess what? No, I have not killed anybody, I have not hurt anyone. I must confess, however, this terrible and unforgivable fact: I have body hairs.
Yup, right on. Since my teenager years, I have hairs. On my legs, around my genitals, under my armpits, on my arms. And since a woman’s value can be only estimated by the way she looks, I am probably a horrible, disgusting creature. I ought to hide in a cavern, to never appear to society again. Because yes, ladies and gentlemen: sometimes, especially in the Winter… I do not shave. At all.
It seems, at least on the Internet, that ladies who don’t shave can only be one thing: fat feminists, who hate men, are virgins and have low self-esteem. Well, hold on well, because it’s not exactly that way. Here’s a little lesson about ladies and hairs.
1) ALL LADIES HAVE HAIRS. ALL OF THEM. The lady in the bad porn you’ve wanked to the other day? She has hairs. Emma Watson? Hairs. Your mum? Yes, you’ve guessed it, hairs again. It is not unnatural, it is not disgusting, it is not repulsive. It’s simply the way nature has made us! If you think women always have smooth and hairless legs… Well, you probably never had a girlfriend for more than a week.
2) Some girls want to shave. Some don’t. Some, like me, are sometimes completely shaved and sometimes fully hairy. And guess what? It doesn’t matter! A woman’s worth isn’t determined by the number of hairs she has on her body. A woman is much more worth than her body, for fuck’s sake. Try and learn that.
3) Shaving is expensive and takes time. I don’t always want to spend all my money on razors blades or wax. I sometimes don’t even have the time or motivation to do it, especially during the winter when I barely get to show my legs in public. Men, try to think about that: would you want your legs to be described as ‘disgusting’ and ‘shameful’ just because you didn’t shave them?
4) A woman’s self respect isn’t told by whether she shaves or not. I REPEAT: YOU, AS A WOMAN, ARE NOT DISGUSTING BECAUSE YOU DECIDED TO KEEP YOUR HAIRS ON. IF A MAN IS DISGUSTED BY YOUR BODY, THEN YOU PROBABLY AREN’T SEEING THE RIGHT PERSON.
5) HAIRS ON A WOMAN ARE NOT MORE DISGUSTING THAN HAIRS ON A MAN. THESE HAIRS ARE THE SAME. HAIRS. ARE. NOT. DISGUSTING. THEY LITERALLY ARE SMALL LITTLE HAIRS: DO NOT LET THEM MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE OR DISGUSTING.
So yes. Hairs are fine. Hairs never stopped me from getting laid. Hairs are a personally matter, and if you think women who don’t shave are disgusting… Well, you probably aren’t mature enough to even touch a clitoris.
With that, my hairy legs and I salute you.